Monday 2 April 2012

My first Guerlain



I have always thought of Guerlain as a very sophisticated perfume brand, one that I would only purchase when I was much older with a real job and house. (Guerlain is one of the oldest french perfume houses in the world, established in 1828). However, as my mum and I were scouring the perfume aisles in House of Fraser we came across Guerlain's 'My insolence' perfume, and I fell in love with it immediately. Its not a bold overpowering smell as I would imagine most Guerlain's to be, but a sweet, floral one. It opens with a bunch of raspberry notes followed by a citrusy trace. I have always liked fruit in my perfumes! I have previously worn DKNY's apple perfume since I was 14; it became my signature scent. I have have tried only two others since then, (Gucci Guilty and Versace's Bright Crystal), both were great but I was always drawn back to the DKNY, maybe out of familiarity? Therefore, I thought I'd take a chance on this one and for now I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment